AMANDOLA


 

TOWER OF PODESTA'

Torrione del PodestÓ Originally from the 1300s, it was built next to the Palazzo del PodestÓ and restored in 1547. With a square floor plan, it houses the clock that was originally in the bell tower of the church of S. Francesco, then transferred here in the 1700s.

SAN GIACOMO GATE

Porta San Giacomo Reconstucted in 1863, while preserving the original posterior facade having an acute gothic arch with crenalations. The front fašade, facing the square, is, instead, baroque and only from the 18th century. The clock has been removed.

WALLED TOWER

Torrione Cinta Muraria Originally from the 1300s, it was built next to the Palazzo del PodestÓ and restored in 1547. With a square floor plan, it houses the clock that was originally in the bell tower of the church of S. Francesco, then transferred here in the 1700s. The remains of a crenelated tower, with brackets, built over the Pozzo Gate in 1436.

TOWER OF EX-ARTESI

Torrione Ex Artesi The only tower with the walls still standing. Built in 1462 by Maestro Martino di Mariano from Milan. The characteristic crenalation and defensive parapets can still be seen.

"LA PALOMBARA" TOWER HOUSE

Casa Torre La Palombara A farm house from the 1400s with a 2nd storey tower covered in roof tiles; niches at the top were used as a dovecot. Records indicate that the ôPalombaraö of C. Manardi was attacked in 1571.