Chiesa di San Michele Arcangelo Although the dedication of the church would indicate Lombard origins, it is believed that it was built in the first decades of the 1200s, and the title of mother church was attributed to it, being the first church of Bolognola. Some vellum parchments from the 1500s indicate that the parish was probably enlarged in the first half of the 1400s, and underwent restoration in the 1700s. In 1934 it was almost completely destroyed by an avalanche and then rebuilt to its present day state in 1937. The interior has a single large nave with a ceiling of Romanesque trusses and a round apse. Above the first altar on the left is a 1518 painting by G. Vergari of the “Madonna del Rosario”, which was saved from the disastrous avalanche. In the apse there is an 14th century fresco of the Camerino school.